Thursday, June 23, 2005

Relativity

It took 19minutes and 23seconds exactly from the moment I put my car into reverse in my driveway to the instant I pulled into my parking spot at the office. I know this because 19:23 is how long the epic John Bonham drum solo Moby Dick is on Led Zeppelin's How The West Was Won.

Now mind you, it was close. There was some oaf lugging around a cherrypicker with the name of the electric company stencilled over the industrial yellow dull paint in front of me when I got off the Interstate. And while I was on the Interstate there was a motorcyclist in front of me doing 50... 50!!! I repeated "you're going to ruin this for me" rhymically to the 12-armed sasquachian thump of live Zeppelin wonderment. Had I not made it in time, well I don't know what I would've done. But one things for sure, it would've been profoundly stupid in retrospect.

12 Comments:

Blogger fakies said...

Glad you made it there in time. I'd hate it if your head imploded. Then you'd only be as smart as the rest of Looseeannna.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Stellar said...

Do you really want to go down that road, Nebraska? The mascot for your state is somebody preparing vegetables.

Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'. :)

9:22 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

Let's just agree that Suck Dakota is filled with fools, and that will be all.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Stellar said...

How about we just use South Dakota to beat Florida until it falls into the Gulf of Mexico?

10:06 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

I can get to work in the same amount of time as the song Kashmir.

"How about we just use South Dakota to beat Florida until it falls into the Gulf of Mexico?"
I think Georgia wants that gig.

10:25 AM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Wow - they weren't kidding, you really don't post very often!
And you have a blog with nothing on it, just like me!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Stellar said...

When I do post to that blog it will be incredible.

11:23 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

uh huh. right.

12:53 PM  
Blogger fakies said...

Still waiting.

6:56 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

tick tock.

And what is this all about:
"Obsessive Blog Updaters"?!
*grr*

2:54 PM  
Blogger -Ann said...

I'm also glad you made it. Had you not, I probably would have read about it in CNN's offbeat news or something.

3:36 PM  
Blogger John said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home